In this world of electronic media, it is quite easy to establish a business; but accomplishing the target and milestones that you set for yourself can be overwhelming. You might need to get in touch with thousands of sure-fire prospects. Buying a mailing list is the best available option in today’s market. Zeroing in on the mailing list is a dicey situation.
With several companies exponentially dealing with mailing lists, it is a laborious task to get a resourceful list. Though there are thousands of list providers, there are not more than a handful of organizations which can assure you qualified lists to actually suffice your requirements.
Prerequisites to selecting a good mailing list
You need to perceive your requirements before you go ahead for your perfect mailing list. To decide on the mailing list, knowing your target audience and demographics is crucial.
How to select the best mailing list from the lot
Choose a reliable vendor
There are many companies offering lists, but you need to be very choosy while selecting one. First, list out all the vendors who are providing mailing lists meeting your requirements. Second, add qualifiers for each of them (check the stability). Third, check for the offers they are providing. Based on the above three factors, you can choose a list vendor. Now ask them for the data card. You can assay the data card to follow-up the description of the list, number of names on the list, the last time it was updated, and details of the organizations, job titles, etc. You also need to check on the following:
- How often are your lists updated?
- How are the lists compiled?
- Are the names from a single source, such as subscribers to a particular magazine? Or does it contain several files grouped together (such as subscribers to several magazines, plus general inquiries, plus expired subscribers)?
- What are the available demographic selections?
Compiled mailing lists suffices all requirements
Compiled mailing lists are less-targeted (and often non-targeted) versions of their response list counterparts. In the past, compiled B2C lists were created primarily from DMV records. These days, compiled data can actually be of higher quality due to use of the internet, census demographic data, etc. Compiled lists are derived from a wide variety of sources. They are:
- Telephone directories (both the white and yellow pages)
- Trade publications including directories for various industries and membership rosters of trade and consumer groups.
- Private memberships rosters of clubs, unions, associations
- Government records – including professional registrations for each state for all licensed trades such as doctors, lawyers, contractors, engineers, etc.
- Lists purchased at auctions
- Lists obtained through barter agreements
- Auto and truck registrations and driver’s license lists in states where these files are released.
- House to house canvassing, mail surveys, warranty card data.
Compiled mailing lists cost less than response lists. Their advantage is that they are cost effective. Another distinctive advantage of compiled lists is that they are totally comprehensive. Their non-targeted nature, however, usually means that compiled mailing data is much better used in a branding/visibility campaign than a direct sales campaign.
Clone your classic customers with customer survey:
According to the Pareto principle, 80% of your profits come from 20% of your customers. Analyze your customer files to see what the best customers have in common such as demographics, attitudes, interests, and purchase patterns. Use these traits to search the database and find the best prospects that have similar characteristics. This results in more effective marketing campaigns.
This in-depth analysis of customers and prospects helps you understand your customers and make better marketing decisions. “Clone my customer” takes the guesswork out of consumer prospecting to help you target future buyers, giving you the same promotional power used by the largest marketers.
How to decide which customer to clone? Each business has unique needs in terms of selecting whom to include for cloning. Your consumer prospect list might include:
- Customers of high value to you based on total purchase amount or lifetime purchase value
- Loyal customers who have the highest loyalty or longevity with your business
- Recent buyers who are likely to respond to seasonal or new product offers
- Customers who demonstrate a buying pattern, such as premium product buyers or those who have purchased three times in the last three months
- However you decide to determine your best population to clone, the cloning process will profile those customers for you and find people who have similar characteristics, and therefore, have a higher propensity to purchase from you.
It takes nothing but commitment to acquire the best mailing list. Act smart and earn more.
Span Global Services is an organization dedicated to database services. We provide database which is verified for its social, web, email, postal, phone, and mobile data. You can customize it, segment it, or verify your existing data and more.
We are a thriving customer company and dedicated to make you the same. We will be at Dreamforce 2014, which gives us more opportunities to meet industry leaders face-to-face, get great ideas, hands-on-demos with new technologies, and to learn tips and tricks directly from the experts on how to accelerate our mission. You can meet us during your visit to Dreamforce 2014 from 13th to 16th October. REGISTER here, and we will follow-up on further details.