Growing your business is one of the hardest things to do, even when you have a copy of “Business For Dummies”. Fortunately, there’s a very handy helper that can take your business to the next level in no time. Meet Email Lists.
Email lists are marketing tools that can help your B2B business in several ways. It is a fast and easy way to generate income and increase your ROI, thus growing your business.
Now, we know you might have your reservations about buying email lists. However, the pros greatly outweigh the cons. Most of the cons are associated with the marketers and not the email list itself. Buying email lists for your business is a cost-effective way of boosting the sales of your B2B products and services. You will be exposed to a larger audience and several marketing opportunities that could help scale up your business.
When Should You Buy An Email List?
You should buy an Email List as soon as you start out! There’s no time to waste. There are always competitors at every corner so you cannot afford to slack off if you want to attract customers and keep your business booming.
If your goal is to generate more B2B leads then an email list will do just that. If well presented, you could get an overwhelming amount of leads in just one night.
Top 5 Benefits of Purchasing an Email List
A lot of benefits come with purchasing an email list, especially when you’re in the B2B space. It’s a win-win for both parties involved. Here are some of the advantages:
1. You Reach A Larger Audience
Email lists help expand your reach. It exposes you to a brand new audience and more potential leads. If you are content with your current customers, your business won’t grow much (or at all). A lot of people have no idea that you exist. Without an email list, you’d be missing out on potential partners, investors, and clients.
When you buy an email list, your business becomes more visible. You can easily run marketing campaigns and showcase your business to a global audience. You become a part of something much much bigger. The key is to offer valuable advice and attractive content that will keep your new contacts subscribed to your list.
2. Your Business Scales Up
Unlike inbound marketing (content marketing), a bought email list is a faster way of generating serious leads that could help your business flourish. It is not affected by the changes in the sales pipeline. Even during slow periods, your pipeline will continue to be topped up with new leads.
Of course, this does not, in any way, mean that you should ignore inbound marketing efforts and strategies. You can combine both tools to make a more effective marketing campaign. This will help turn cold contacts into warm leads while also focusing on the hot leads.
3. It Saves Time
One of the main benefits of purchasing an email list is that it works incredibly fast. While most people prefer to grow their contact list organically, it can take an absurd amount of time. And time is money!
Email lists help grow your contacts faster. Sure, the quality of the contacts might be lower than that of the leads gained through an opt-in list, but don’t forget that it’s all about the numbers. At the end of the day, the larger list of contacts will always win and prove more beneficial.
Also, since purchased email lists help with the lead generation process, this will give your team more time to focus on closing deals and improving other parts of the business.
4. It Can Increase ROI
This only works if you have a reputable provider. Good data providers get their data from trusted sources. All the contacts are carefully vetted and the lists are designed to suit your needs.
This means that you’ll only receive a list of TARGETED industry-related contacts. As a result, you spend less time and money reaching out to people who are not interested in your products and services. Having a list of 100 targeted contacts will serve you better than a list of 1000 random contacts.
You can be sure to get only relevant and helpful feedback from your new contacts. You’ll no longer need to filter through the emails. Instead, you can go straight to the point and shake hands. In other words, you begin to make money faster.
Professional data providers will always offer you a sample contact record that you can validate for yourself. After confirming the quality of the records, you can then make your purchase. These lists have no deliverability issues and they are always reliable.
5. Lead Growth
Again, the whole point of purchasing an email list is to generate more B2B leads. As mentioned earlier, the combination of your inbound marketing with email lists will help boost the growth of your business in such a short time.
Email lists will not only help expand your reach but also keep your contacts entertained and updated. By doing that, these contacts will eventually convert to paying clients.
Many of your cold contacts will want to know more about your business and what you have to offer. This is why it is important to offer the choice for them to contact you for more inquiries or even a business meeting.
It is at this point that you’ll start seeing the contribution that your email list has made to your opt-in list. A purchased email list helps generate warm contacts for lead nurturing. Because of its accuracy and speed, it speeds up this process and improves your business’ presence.
Top 5 Factors to Consider when Buying Email Lists
- Ask how the contacts are sourced: Any reputable data provider should be able to tell you (in detail) where their contacts are obtained from. Are they from legal sources? Are they properly vetted?
- Is there a sample?: You wouldn’t buy a house without taking a tour and judging the state of the rooms and facilities yourself. Following that same logic, you must always request a sample list so you can assess and confirm the quality. Do not be pressured into making a decision.
- Who handles the sending of the emails?: NEVER agree to send the emails yourself. This could put you at risk of becoming a CAN-SPAM compliant. Some data providers will just give you the contacts and leave you to handle the emailing. If you’re the perfectionist type, this may seem like a wonderful idea. However, it may seriously hurt you and your brand’s reputation. Professional email service providers won’t give you the responsibility of mailing the lists. All you need to do is provide them with the content of your email. Make sure that the content is well-defined, relevant, and catchy. This will give you a better response. The email service providers will do the rest of the work and keep you from experiencing spam complaints or worse, multiple unsubscribers.
- Consider the price: When you purchase an email list, you’re investing in your business and expecting great returns. Although this will save you money in the long run, you shouldn’t be quick to splurge on this marketing tool. Have more than one email provider and compare the prices (and perks) of their packages.
- Have a test run: Do not rush into the main marketing campaign after you’ve purchased the email lists. Start by doing a test with a much smaller quantity (a percentage of your target market). Of course, every test has to be graded so ensure you have the required (and accurate) measurement tools in place. You should focus on the open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates. Ask your data provider to show you the statistics so that you can measure the quality of the list. Also, ask to compare the statistics with those of other clients in the same industry.
Tips To Help You Use Your Email List Effectively
- Have a solid business plan: There’s no point in purchasing an email list if you have no plan or strategy in mind. Create forms and relevant content that you would like your targeted audience to see and respond to. Email lists and content should have a gun-ammo relationship.
- Entice your audience: Give your audience something to look forward to. This could be free trials, coupons, or even giveaways. Everyone loves free stuff! Do this and watch your numbers skyrocket.
- Take things easy: This is the part that most marketers fail to understand. They get excited or too eager and start bombarding their potential clients with offers. People don’t like being bugged or pressured! Let them breathe. Stick to a comfortable email list schedule and keep adding incentives while maintaining the quality of the content. This will keep your audience interested and convert most of your cold contacts to warm and active leads.